Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I have a simple database & its

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterDeb

Instructor
Nov 16, 2012
US
Hi,
I have a simple database & its been a while since I've had to create reports with Access. I have a list of people with a birthday & anniversary date. I'd like to group by Month. Under January, I'd like all the people listed who have birthdays & anniversaries that are in Jan to list, even if they are repeated. Is this possible? And then if so, how would I do it.
Thanks,
Deb

I tried that, and it works for just the date of birth field. I want it to list the month and then show all the birthdays for that month AND the anniversary dates for that month.
Thanks.

I expect you need to create a union query of your table to normalize the various dates. You haven't provided any table or field names so the following is a guess.

SQL:
SELECT FirstName, LastName, DOB as FullDate, Month(DOB) as MonthNumber, "Birthday" as DateType
FROM tblPeople
WHERE DOB is Not Null
UNION ALL
SELECT FirstName, LastName, Anniversary, Month(Anniversary), "Anniversary"
FROM tblPeople
WHERE Anniversary Is Not Null;

Use the union query as the record source for your report.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back