Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HI I have a problem: When I try 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sylvain

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
CA
HI

I have a problem:
When I try to empty my recycle bin, I get the following popup:
ERROR

Cannot remove folder DC0.02:The direcory is not empty

There is no such folder and/or file
The recycle bin's empty....

Thanks for your help

If the recycle bin's empty, why are you emtying it? Try changing the view option to view all files maybe there's a hidden file in the bin.

I had a similar problem on one of my machines. After about 2 weeks of research and testing I finally just reinstalled and it was gone. No one could tell me what the problem was. At a Technet Session for MS one of their MCSEs told me it could have been a corrupt install and to reinstall. Though he admitted he was not sure.

DC02.02 is probably a hidden directory under C:\RECYCLER.

Well I guess that at some point windows got lost with the pointers to the file in the recycle bin.

I had the same problem some months ago and the solution was to use the "ms-dos" prompt.

Use "dir /ah" to show the name of the recycling bin.
I think it is "recycler".
Then you can cd (change directory) to inside the recycler and keep cd-ing till you can see the last file.

Then just delete it and keep doing "cd .." and removing the directory you just left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back