Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi I am new to SQL Server, and nee

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabavno

Programmer
Jul 25, 2002
CA
Hi
I am new to SQL Server, and need your help
My task is to copy a SQL table into the Access table and then update an Access table once in a while based on the changes made to SQL table.
Well, first, I have to figure out the code how to copy that SQL table(actually I only to copy some of the fields)
Then I have to figure out the trigger that will update my Access table and only add changes to the table.
Finally, that update process should be automated. I need to schedule it that it will run on itself once in a while.

I am asking here for any ideas (code) to start.

Would appreciate your help

Have you considered DTS to move the data into Access? Easy to set up....sometimes the packages are tempermental.

Sorry I got interupted on the last post. If you want to do this, go into SQL Ent Man and right click Data Transformation Services under the database that you want to export and choose 'All Tasks' not 'New Package' as you might first think. Then choose 'export data' and voila a wizard to help you along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back