Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi I am getting an error when I g

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttrinh

MIS
Jan 21, 2002
AU
Hi
I am getting an error when I go to the ColdFusion Administrator Login page. The error is as follows:
The encrypted template I:\INTRANET\CFIDE\ADMINISTRATOR\APPLICATION.CFM contains invalid CFML syntax.

Because the template has been encrypted, you cannot see the actual error message. You need to have access to an unencrypted version of the template to get detailed error information
I don't understand this ?? It was working ok a few weeks ago and I have not altered any source code. Does anyone know why this would happen? The server apparently still works as the applications running on CF server are still being served, however I can't get to the Admin page to make alterations.

any help is most appreciated

It appears that your copy of that file has been corrupted. You need to restore the file from your backup. WHAT!? You don't have a backup? Then you need to re-install ColdFusion. See how much easier it would have been if you'd had a backup? ;-)

FYI, I tried to open the .cab files on the CF CD, but could not do so because they are not in standard .cab file format. I tried renaming them to .zip, but still could not open them.

hahahh so true so true
yes i don't have a back up :(
but I have a copy of the file/s in question on test server
Do you think its ok to just replace the file/s in question as I am not keen to reinstall coldfusion server since the production apps are all still being served?

thanks in advance

Yes, I would try just replacing the file in question. BUT FIRST, rename the supposedly corrupted file to comething like application.cfm.orig. Thus, is replacing the file is the wrong thing to do, you can recover.

thanks for that tip I replaced the affected files (there were a lot of them). Would you know why they become corrupt like that ?

thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back