Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi everyone, when I try to save a

Status
Not open for further replies.

calmar

Technical User
Feb 15, 2001
US
Hi everyone,
when I try to save an .fla now,
Flash5 gives me an error "failed to save document".
Sometimes it will save if I rename the file.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling.....works a few
times and then won't.

I'm using WinMe, 1ghz Athlon & Asus A7V133 mainboard
w/512mb ram. I've had the system ~6wks and just started
having this problem in the last 2 wks.

Just need to know if it's a Flash problem or not.
Thanks for the help!
Cal

Hey!

I have exactly the same problem, it seems to do this when I am working with a relatively large file, for an extended period of time. Are you on a network? because I have been working off the network, and I've tried doing stuff locally, so far so good, but I don't have any idea why it happens.
If you find out, please contact me, because I've come accross several others with exactly the same problem! and it seems to be a bug in flash???

Anyway, some temporary solutions, if it saves under another name, great, but, it usually doesn't for me, so what I do is when I make a significant change, I'll save it as filename1.2 etc, and then if it totally collapses, I have a backup copy there...
Also, I save regularly, and then when this message comes up, just close it, go to explorer, and copy the file into a different named file... open it... and it works fine...

Don't ask me how that works! but that's what I do :)
Anyway, hope that was some help, that problem can be really annoying, the first time it happened I lost an entire day's work!!

See ya,
Kitten ^_-

Hi Kitten,
thanks for the help! But, it didn't work.
Maybe I didn't get exactly what you meant...(?)

When I got the error, I closed it, went to Explorer,
copied the .fla to a new folder, opened it in Flash5,
changed the name, saved....."Failed to save document" =(

I sent an email to MM tech support about the bug (2 days
ago) ....no answer yet. Maybe F6 will solve the problem.
But it's a major pain now!

I'll try using it on my old 200mmx Sony....it's slower, but Flash still runs well on it. Maybe it's a hardware conflict.

Who knows...I just go with the flow....keeps my hair from
falling out =)

Cal

hahaha, well I don't have the hair falling out problem ^_-
but it is still annoying!

copying it and changing the name in explorer always works for me, are you changing the name, then opening it in flash? not sure why it won't work for you, otherwise reset the computer and try again! ^-^

Please post a message if you get a reply with your bug report :)

I don't know if it is a hardware conflict, I'm on a Pentium II only, and a lot of the people I have talked to with this problem are on many different machines!

A while ago there was a post regarding this (or similar) issue, and someone said that it might be regarding lack of memory, as in, there is something large in the clip board.... so you could try copying something small (a letter etc) and try again... this didn't work for me, but it might solve your problem!!

When does F6 come out?

Anyway, Goodluck finding an answer!!!
Kitten ^_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back