Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hi every body.....can any bady send my the insullation image for hipath 4000 v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

RABIA-77

Programmer
Jul 7, 2018
OM
hi... i want to upgrade hipath v3 to v8 but i dont have the image for v8.
what eals is recwired for upgrede to v8

Anything below V6 will need a hardware upgrade to go to V6, V7 or V8. I think the full install kit comes zipped in 2 files and is 4GB+, and then you also need the loadware upgrade and the hotfixes. Upgrading the system is not for the weak of heart - you would probably need to do it in steps, because you need certain versions of V6 or V7 already running to be able to do the NUC software install process - there are minimum requirements for the assistant version. I would guess at the least you would need a new DSCXL2 processor board, probably the secondary HD control board, and I'm not sure if the CPCI shelf itself has to be replaced. There is no direct software transfer method either - they would either have to take a snapshot of your V3 system and then convert the data to the new format, or at the very least a full regen... If you have not been trained in any of this I would politely suggest you seek professional assistance from a noteworthy vendor.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Tanks (donb01) for your replay...i konwe all what u sid and i have all the nessary parts .i need only the image and hotfixe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back