Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi. Can anyone help me with license 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jules1971

Technical User
Dec 15, 2011
GB
Hi. Can anyone help me with licenses contained on FK SN 1325303933. Many thanks in advance.

Help with what? If you have the license file all licenses you are entitled to would be on there.
The licenses are tied ot the UK, so would engage your partner in the UK for further assistance.

Many thanks for your response. It is someone who has reached out for me for advice, Not that i can give them much? the system has lost all of its licences if any? But believe it should have at least an Essential licence + IP Points and maybe SIP? The company who looked after it went bust like so many in the current climate. If i can,t do anything with it, im contemplating putting in a Grandstream UCM, Just because of AVAYAS Licensing

Get an LOA (in think current process is CAT, Customer Authorization Tool) and you will be able to see customers licensing, and download the file

Im not quite up to date with AVAYA on all there policys for licensing? And frankly do not have the time or patience for waiting for updates on tickets. I do like the product but will not advise this custumer to go down this route of paying for somethink they have paid a lot of money for, just to be let down by a supplier or pay extra for something that will become obsolete. Iif they want an onsite system? I might aswell put a Gandstream in there. No extra outlay costs apart from handsets

Can you access the IPO with Manager on a PC? There might be something there. Long shot but the licence would have been e-mailed at some stage.

If this an ADI licence I was told that this is system is no longer accessible but someone here may be able to confirm.

I don't know what numbers you are looking at but new licences could be cheaper than a UCM and new handsets.

I have access to the IP Office> I have used Hyperterminal to get the IP address however it seems it is just the default 192.168.42.1 default AVAYA address now. AT-SECCURITYRESETALL has been done, although company gave me there passwords. Unfortunately thats all i can do for them??? No licences shown. Do not know procedures to find them????

If it's a pre 9.1 system with ADI licenses, there is no way to get them back and they are screwed, they'll need to buy equivalent PLDS licenses.

If they had PLDS licenses (Licenses section shows PLDS Host ID), then you can use the CAT tool to take over their licenses in PLDS and view/download them from there.

If you don't have a PLDS login, consult with a local Avaya Partner.

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

I don't think this will help. But a system ordered on e-bay for the tcm-8 card was reset before being sent. But when I looked in the backup directory on the SD card. It had the original settings and at least one essential license. :)

TTFN,

Josh

Well if the company was able to give you the passwords maybe they can give you the licence from the backup they have..the would have surely logged into it at some stage and a backup would have been created automatically..

Just a thought..

Look in the Manager folder on your PC. If you are lucky there are BAK files which are backup of the config although I am not sure if these are created by default.

The problem they have is...... Because its rented offices and people no longer use the incorporated phone system and everyone uses there mobile. Rather than paying for call charges. they want to use it more as an internal system with a coouple of SIP trunks. The building had a major power outage. The PC to the IP Office is knackered. They seized maintanance due to costs over COVID and losing money. Im just trying to help them out. Thats why i reached out on this site for anyone that can help. I will just install a Grandstream which should cover there requirements.

How many handsets do you need? These plus the cost of a UCM may cost more than the licences.

Once I heard that Avaya would let you have the licences if you upgraded to R10/11 but I'm not sure if this is still true.

I would like them to keep the IP office. Its on revision build 11. But as they no longer have any support there basically in a bit of bother, For what they require they are better off with Grandstream (no Licenses) bite the bullet. And learn a lesson !! I guess the unit is just going to end up in a skip.

Well if it release 11 it will have PLDS licencing so there's some chance of recovery/

What do you right at the top when you open the unit in Manager?

FYI, you can still do ADI key recovery through Avaya One Source. I do it all the time.
I checked this key and it has indeed been converted to PLDS already.
Check the SD card and look for a PLDSkeys.xml file. The IPO should pull this if it's there, automatically, but sometimes it does not.

If it's not there, and there is no backup in the backup folder on the SD card you'll have to do the CAT as suggested, or bite the bullet and get another license key.
You can get them cheap from places like telecomEX. You'll need a sold-to number though.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

I think we could have got to the solution earlier if we had known the release from the start as licensing often has significant changes between releases.

^not receiving enough information to troubleshoot a problem seems like a common theme in this line of work.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

no-troubleshoot-only-fix-an-it-admin-once-asked-why-i-v0-i2nso4q57gy81_ykcouh.png

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back