Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi All, I'm building myself a ne

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeBodge

Programmer
Oct 18, 2002
GB
Hi All,

I'm building myself a new PC mainly for business use with Photoshop v7, Flash MX and the occasional quick blast of Splinter Cell and Ravenshield (when the I'm woking ;])

This is the spec I thought might just work nicely for me but if anyone can spot any problems please let me know :-

P4p800 Skt478 800FSB DDR400 Memory AGP 8X Gigabit LAN Hightech ATI Radeon 9600 256MB
Kingston 512MB 400MHz DDR Non-ECC CL3 (3-4-4) DIMM
Seagate ST3120026AS 120gb 7200rpm Barracuda 7200.7 SATA
Intel Pentium 4 2.6ghz 800FSB SKT478 512k Cache

Cheers

LeBodge.

"I know what I like and I like what I know"

BTW, I will be ordering two sticks of DDR memory cos I really do like the idea of 800FSB and not just 400!

LeBodge.

"I know what I like and I like what I know"

That should work fine for those games. Two sticks of 400MHz RAM won't give you 800MHz though. You'll just have two sticks running at 400MHz.

~ImpetusEra

as LeBodge stated in his specs above, he does in fact require 400MHz RAM. The fact that it is DDR (Double Data Rate) allows it to perform at a rate of 800MHZ ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back