Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, After i reinstall the win98

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonyb

MIS
Aug 23, 2002
MY
Hi,

After i reinstall the win98
this problem PCI Communiction device prompt out and
asking me for a driver

I don't what is this about, can someone give me a solution
thanks

Rgds,
antony

Sure, it's asking for your PCI drivers. Should be located on your Motherboard CD. If you still get the error, try re-installing your modem driver as well.

Look on your MB for the make and model and down load the drivers from the net
John

Howdy:

A "PCI Communication device" is the modem (normally on-board if you get this message).. The drivers should be located on the systemboard driver cd you should have gotten with your computer..

Murray

Could be a PCI modem as well. Check to see where the phone jack is on your pc and if it's in one of the PCI slots, then find your driver disk and reinstall them or download them from the manufacturer's website.

---------------------------------------
Bob Beck
IS Administrator

In my limited experience, 80-90% of all problems brought to my attention can be attributed to PEBCAK...the other 10-20% can be attributed to MS!

I think the problem is solved. I install the modem driver from my hardware CD. Thanks thommy2000, dad200uk2000, SESaskDFC and goodfela26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back