Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HGS 80 Mirror with Cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchamp54

MIS
Apr 29, 2004
US
I have a Compaq SAN with Mirrored HGS 80s and my question is can I have a 2 node cluster were one node is attatched to on controller and the other attatched to the other?
Thanks in advance
PS OS on nodes is Windows 2003 Enterprise

If you are mirroring the controllers then there is no way to access the LUNs on the second controller, they have to be in an active/active state.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "mirrored HSG80 controllers". If you mean two controllers in one enclosure, this is a normal configuration called a controller pair. You can run a two node cluster attached to the controller pair. However, a given LUN is only active on one controller at a time, so you'd have to use multiple LUNs (which is probably what you want to do anyway) to load balance between the controllers.

/charles

By mirror I mean Dual Redundant Controller Operation. So I'll look into running multiple LUNs.
Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back