Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HG 1500 v2 hipath 3550 v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sygi

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2007
PL
Hi all,
I have problem with ip trunking in hipath 4.0. I'm using hg 1500 v2 ( with 2x Lan interfaces )
I'm trying to connect to other hipath but even when I dial trunk code i get busy.
I compare config of these to hg cards and it is identical but in manager E i see "V" letter next to ip address in this other hg - In my hipath there is no "V" letter. Couple years ago a i have heard that there was two different types of hg, for voice and for data - and i just wondering that maybe my hg is for data ( maybe letter "V" means voice nad i dont have it ) ? But as i say i was long time ago and i think that is for hg card with one lan interface.
Thanks for any reply

greetings

Hi,

I have had this working fine on a V4 site for several years and have done numerous V6 and 7 sites. There is only one card. Are both systems the same version?

Hopefully this won't be telling you how to suck eggs :)

Check, default gateway, your nodes are set to the HG card at the other end, ping for alive monitoring, alive monitoring is active, and that ping is not blocked between sites. Then reboot cards. This generally covers any issues.

Cody64

Check the default GW in the HG1500 itself (0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx=GW) , also programm route 16 in the ManagerE other might give problems. Make sure the trunk is set to PBX and untick all options on the left side. In the LCR use -2-x-x / E1A (if you have extension in the 200 range) nave use the same range on both side. Try to connect your laptop to the same network, then give it a static IP address and use the HG1500 as you default GW, can you ping the other side then your GW is good.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Hi again,

I have done all this steps that you wrote. My Hg looks like working fine because i'm downloading data over IP network.
I think that maybe this card is bad - because when i type trunk code - i get "unavailble" instead signal. In all my others hg ( v3.0 ) when i type trunk code i always get signal - even then, when networking isn't working.

My hg response for ping, even from network at other side of vpn so gateway is configure corectly.

As I say, in hipath 4.0 with hg 2.0 i always had the "v" letter next to ip address in manager E - but in this case the "v" letter is gone...:)

thaks

You cannot use a HG1500 V2 against a HG1500 V3 they must be from the same Hardware version.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

I get solutions, in market there are two types of hg v2 boards. One is only for data ( downloading kds from manager ) and second type is for networking and data.
When i replace the card it works fine...

bye

Pawel Sygula

after reading your post, i have the same HG 1500 card and was wondering if you have a copy the assistant-L program.

if so would you be able to email me a copy?

many thanks
greg.p@ntlworld.com

or the Hicom xpress @lan program.
Many thanks
greg.p@ntlworld.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back