Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HFWDurNumHoursNormal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookeye

Technical User
Jun 2, 2006
US
i was wondering what is this code and what is its function.. obviously i can tell its a duration code and so forth but I am wondering what it does.

HFWDurNumHoursNormal ({CallLog.Date_Occurred_PCTL},{Detail.ReqFinishTime},
{CallLog.Date_Occurred_PCTL},{Detail.FinalSpan_Clearing})

Basically I am trying to avoid using the HFW, because for some reason the dll isnt installed in every PC.

i was wondering if there is another code that does the same thing sort of like

HFWDATETODATE can be substituted for cdate.

thanks,.

Crytal allows for writing (VB,etc.) add in functionality called UFLs, which are DLLs that add in functions to Crystal, and that appears to be what you have there as that is NOT a standard Crystal function.

You need to discover who wrote it.

-k

Well I definitely that function definitely has something to do with HEAT. It looks like it creates a duration..

soo its like HFWDurNumHoursNormal(Begdate, Begtime, enddate, endtime)

soo i think it just creates a duration.... i just thought there was another way of creating a duration without having to use the HEAT FOR WINDOWS codes.

There probably is, but we need to know what it is doing.

Use the datediff function in Crystal to get differences in datetimes:

datediff("n",{table.startdate},{table.enddate})

That would return the number of minutes.

-k

Pookeye,

I had a similiar project using HEAT and Crystal Reports. I had to determine the duration of our Help Desk calls during or Help Desk business hours to exclude weekends.

It is definitely HEAT specific code that links to a Calendar in Heat for specific hours. One of the system tools in HEAT allows you to designate the work day times and dates using a calendar system.

Here's a sample of the code I've used to determine the duration.

HFWDurNumHoursHelpdesk ({CallLog.RecvdDate},{CallLog.RecvdTime},{CallLog.ClosedDate},{CallLog.ClosedTime})

There are other formulas that I use in connection with the above one, also.

I didn't understand the formula either and asked for help here. It took pages of coding to do the same thing. Once I figured out the HFW formula, it really shortened the process.

I hope my response helps. I'm definitely humbled by Crystal Reports.

--Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back