Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Herma file missing on dual processor system 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfasud

Technical User
Feb 11, 2016
ZW
I have the below attached alarms on my dual processor isdx which was upgraded to a Hipath Dx Version 11.

Processor A is working ,can get dial tone and do some listings ,not history file,but cannot do some moves and changes.

Processor B has a fault indicated by DLP2 red meaning software error present, DLP13 and DLP14 red indicating Shelf Interface and Shelf Interface DCC down or offline.
Processor cards are System Cards 1HAC50159AAA and IMC card 1HAC50153AAH.
The Herma file is missing if you go into SMI mode and I have no back up copies.
I changed the Shelf Interface CPUB SI 0302 and processor B is still showing alarms.
All power supplies look ok.
How can I get the Herma file back in its directory.I am worried if I do a cold reboot the exchange might not come up.
Regards
alfasud

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=7d7e8d0c-8336-4988-aa2d-bd43c6c9c1e9&file=isdx_Hipath_DX_fault290820.docx
Hello Alfasud

Had a look at the alarms on the attached listings and they suggest you have had some form or power-outage - lots of 'passed' PCM link errors, but, one outstanding type 60.

The type 60 error is related to the common input/output bus that handles communication between the active and the standby processors.

On dual processor systems such as yours the herma file is located on the IMC media card - this is directory 1.0/ - the systems cards are 0.0/. When you are logged into the system card SMI what directory are you in when you list using the DIR command? You can check by using PWD command. If you are in 0.0/, use CD 1.0 to change over to the media card (1.0/) - if this does not work then your looking at a duff Media card.

To check if the communication channel between the processors use the DBCHK command - this checks for differences between the environmental variables on both cards - they should be identical.

DLP13 and DLP14 red on the offline (standby) system card is normal and as designed when the 'A' processor is active - the shelf i/f in slot 0215 is doing the work.

Good luck

Paul

Thank you Mr Pablo. I will try that.
Alfasud

Here I come again.The current working directory is 1.0 and I cannot list its contents using the DIR command.
I can list the 0.0 directory but the herma file is missing.
The DBCHK command was not successful.
I have not yet changed the directory using the CD command because I am not sure if I will still get my dial tone after that-please advise.

Find attached my two file captures.
Regards
Alfasud

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=9a79620b-dec7-4b10-9aa1-eb7239207ee8&file=DX_FAULT_081120B.docx
Some of the LED indications on the IMC card are:
DLP1 green meaning hardware watchdog is ok
DLP2 off -disk not active
DLP3 flashing yellow-ethernet status
DLP4 green-A side power present
DLP5 green-B side power present
DLP6 off
DLP7 off

Regards
alfasud

Status
Not open for further replies.