Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Here's the dumbest question you'll get all day.... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaskanDad

Programmer
Mar 1, 2002
US
You're gonna love this one...

I know ASP, HTML, SQL etc. and can learn just about anything quickly.

I am considering adding some FLASH to my site (probably just some text and images floating around) and don't know a thing about it.

How much is the basic Flash software?
How can I learn to program it?

Even if I have a simple "Hello World" fading in and out, that would be a start.

I'm looking to get started for next to nothing but really don't know where to go.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

oldman3.gif

Thanks for the reply but I'm looking for something a bit more rudimentary. I'm sure I could find out about Iraq if I was referred to the NY Times but I don't even know where Iraq is!

No kidding here! I know NOTHING about Flash other than the name, what it looks like some times and that you see it on the Internet.

Really looking for baby steps here...

Um...........................................

yeh!
logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

Did ya have a good thanksgiving?
logo.gif

How come you know about the Canadian Thanksgiving's date? Regards,

oldman3.gif

Girl at my work is Canadian..We were talking about it yesterday or the day before..

Anyways happy thanksgiving..Hope everything is going well for ya..

Carl
logo.gif

Pretty good! Going to France till Xmas in a few weeks! Regards,

oldman3.gif

Wow, that sounds pretty cool. Have a good trip..

Carl
logo.gif

If you know nothing about Flash, you are in for one steep learning curve. If what you want is just text flashing in or out and simple text animations, you could try Swish at its very easy to use and you should have results you like within a couple of hours. Plus it's a free downoad to try.

LeBodge

Macromedia Flash MX Hands-On-Training
This is one of THE BEST books to use to learn flash it will get you up and running in no time.

Holy Cow, LeBodge!!!

That is EXACTLY was I was hoping for. Swish really looks like what I need. I don't have very complicated needs now and this looks like I'll get started pretty easily.

Thanks a lot and here's a star for you!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back