Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Here's a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.

janaya

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2002
US
We have upgraded to Succession 3.0. All looks fine except for one thing.

Prior to the Upgrade:
Extension 1234 calls extension 5678 (5678 is an M3904). 1234 leaves a message for 5678. When 5678 gets the message that person presses "9" for the Call Sender command and the PBX calls 1234.

After the Upgrade:
Extension 1234 calls extension 5678 (5678 is an M3904). 1234 leaves a message for 5678. When 5678 gets the message that person presses "9" for the Call Sender command and the Meridian Mail gives "Call cannot be completed as dialed, transferring to an attendant".

This is only this way with the 3900 series phones. And it seems to be all of them. If extension 5678 goes to a 2000 series phone and checks messages, the Call Sender command works just fine.

On your mark, get set.....GO!!!

John

do a entc (ld 80) on the set and then on the vm channel, either your dial pad is not "live" or your mail is seeing a foreign digit. try mon your link between the mail and the switch and see if you can catch it there

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

sounds like the RPL list is VM wont allow the call to be called.

Here is what I have found.

Program a 3900 series phone. The Call Sender Command will not work when you press 9. Take a 2000 Series phone and plug into same 3900 series programmed port and it works.

ETAS says this is a design issue with Succession. They are currently working on a fix and should have one soon.

This problem only occurs when there is a remote PBX tied to a central PBX using Meridian Mail and the Call Sender command. We just happened to be working for one of the few customers that use that command on a frequent basis.

Also. Firmware 8.7 was going to be replaced by 8.8, but that has since been deemed obsolete, as Nortel is testing Firmware 8.9 and should have that out for release soon.

Thanks for your help

John

I am having the same problem after upgrading to 3.0 on all switches, with remote Opt11's connected to a centralized Meridian Mail on an Opt 61. I've searched Nortel's site but can't find the fix. Do you know how this was resolved or if it was resolved?

that is a good posts, one thing i have sorta found out, if you can't program a system to do it, then you can't usually make it not do it.. ie if a user wanted call sender to work from 2000 series but not 3900 series, none of us would even try to do it. but here we are trying to find where it's broke. anytime you can't program a set to do that trick, it's usually a patch..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

it's a patch fix. it's 10pm CST, I will look up the patch in the morning.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back