Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Here's a cute problem...help appreciated a lot! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameszr1

MIS
Apr 24, 2002
US
I migrated from a 40 mg hard drive everything to a 160G. The maxtor software did a marvelous, seemingly perfect job. But when I went to go to our website from home and I used the file open looking for "Edit with microsoft front page", i see instead I think it is edit with microsoft excel(spreadsheet anyway) how that got transplanted there is beyond comprehension. I loaded again the full version of front page in the hopes it would overwrite the excel stuff, but no luck. Anyone have a clue as to what needs to be done to get it where it should be. Yes I can use FP from the programs menu and it will get me to the site without a password or anything(Yikes) and I have to call up each page instead of going to it then running FP. Don't ever try to edit using excel. It doesn't work.
James

First, in Internet Explorer - go to TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > click the Programs tab.

Under HTML Editor - make sure the Microsoft FrontPage option is selected from the drop down menu. Then, when you want to open your live website from the browser, you can click the little FrontPage icon that is on the tool bar at the top of the broser screen, just under the menu bar.

The best way, however to open your webs is to open FrontPage. Go to FILE > OPEN WEB > and either navigate to the local copy of your web, or type in the full URL of the site you want to open in FrontPage including the http:// and the trailing / at the end of the URL. You should get prompt for a username and password - if you don't - call your tech support immediatly and have them tighten security. When you enter the UN and PW, FP will load the remote copy of the web for you to work on.

Tiffany

Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Thanks AGAIN for the help Tiffany, perhaps drinks, supper, marriage? lol James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back