Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

here we go, Avaya stock $0.72 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westi

Programmer
May 14, 2007
CA
Send it was a matter of time when mismanagement catches up to the stock prices.
Lost over 95% in 5 years.
Writing on the wall seems to ring true.

Looking right now at the 3CX free system and holy sh!t that was easy to setup.
Avaya had to make it all so complicated to put the onus on the installer instead of simply programming it well.
I guess we will all meet in a different forum should this Avaya trend continue and they go the Nortel way.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

So despite the Powerpoint we are looking at:

The report states that Avaya has said there was “substantial doubt about its ability to continue as a going concern in light of debt maturity next year”.

I can tell you the path I took.

New Company that is also an Avaya BP but they do not sell it to new customers.

Grandstream is the way this company went and all the new installs are with that product to make sure that they do not get bent over the table by Avaya as they seem to want to do with their long standing relationships to their BP's
I have to say I worked on the IPO since R1.x and enjoyed knowing what to do and what it can do and now I feel on the new product like a rookie and have to figure out the ins and outs on it before I get comfortable but it is the lesser evil than being dependent on Avaya and hoping that they don't cut us off because they think that the one and only way to go is cloud.
The ACO system is not feature rich or stable and I would not want to be dependent on that one for sure.

Maybe the big CEO's should look at a company I know that decided to only have large customers with Aura platforms and get rid of all the smaller and medium systems to have more money and not the work with all the smaller systems.
They are almost bankrupt now and instead of 10 techs ( and all in all about 40 people) they have 1 left that does just enough to sustain the 3 people left in the company :)

Arrogance is a hard teacher I guess but the CEO has probable a good contract and gets a juicy bonus no matter what happens to all the small wheels that kept the machine going for years.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

If this happens, this will be the third bankruptcy I've gone through as a business partner. One with Nortel, one with Avaya, maybe a second with Avaya. We saw the writing on the wall with Nortel as that was 100% of our business at the time. Avaya is maybe 5-10% of our business these days, so if Avaya as a whole, or the products we support, ride off into the sunset, we'll survive.

We already had one customer pull the plug on a potential Avaya project in the low six figures, and I can't say I blame them.

we stopped installing avaya 10 years ago righting was on the wall for pabx systems now 80-90% of all our sales are hosted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back