Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

here we go, Avaya stock $0.72 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westi

Programmer
May 14, 2007
CA
Send it was a matter of time when mismanagement catches up to the stock prices.
Lost over 95% in 5 years.
Writing on the wall seems to ring true.

Looking right now at the 3CX free system and holy sh!t that was easy to setup.
Avaya had to make it all so complicated to put the onus on the installer instead of simply programming it well.
I guess we will all meet in a different forum should this Avaya trend continue and they go the Nortel way.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Happy for you @budbyrd but lets image aged Avaya employee who are fired in that way with no other job chanced due their age, while the top management who created that situation is away with hundred thousands or millions $ in their pockets, what a shame this business model (imho).

Since the only people who we know have been sacked are the senior management (CEO, CMO and various department heads) that not wholely the case. The new guy seems to be true to his word so far of quick action and a clear out of duplicated departments and product. Yes,it will affect at lower levels too. The figures I saw was 24M dollars redundancy payout to cut some 250M of the annual payroll. Given the companies debt issue that will help a lot.

And in other news someone was brave enough (or maybe smart enough) to become a 15% sharehold at a bargain price.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

@sizbut I too am quick to defend Avaya, and the comments you make do bring a degree of confidence, however that is some very confidential information.

I wish everyone effected by the layoff at Avaya the best of luck and sorry they were effected.

Funny, whenever I read an announcement like this I hear:" we will take advantage of anything and everything including squeezing our business partners that made us who we are and try to get our business done by drying their business opportunities out"
I have a real aversion towards that business style, no loyalty any more.
I just started in a new company and we did start with a handshake.
They could rely on me starting when I said I would and bought a car for me as a tech not having to worry if I really show up which apparently is not a given any more. I was sure that the job is there when I show up in the morning and then we did the paperwork.
Trust and loyalty would get Avaya further than trying to squeeze everything into the 'one size fits all' mind set they have.
Not everyone is ok with hosted and the pricing is for some, anything but attractive and they rather buy a system on lease and know that the payments will end vs. the hosted never ending payments.
Rant end

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Avaya have destroyed all goodwill they had with us over the last 2 years.

We obviously had to scramble to get people WFH during COVID and it was one of the worst times in my life. IX Workplace bugs, no-way/one-way audio issues, people asking why they can't use Zoom/Teams with their softphone, it took us months of work to get things stable. Not much was changed on the IP Office software to help with this, we had to do each site manually ourselves.

After finally seeing the writing on the wall we partnered with 8x8 and it has been eye-opening to see how well 8x8 is designed, not just from a user perspective but from the administration as well, config items are in the place you expect them to be and everything works very well. MS Teams integration is a simple checkbox to enable, which knocked me out of my chair.

It's unfortunate that the amazing legacy of Nortel/Norstar ends with such a pathetic whimper.

Corporate greed will consume us all.

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

I notice that the J139 fact sheet only mentions compatibility with

• RingCentral Office Platform
• Avaya Cloud Office®

Agreed as I have one working on IP Office - perhaps they are trying to tell us something ???

Using my superpower of squinting, I suspect that the third bullet in the "Sustain/Wean" list is IP Office.

And the same slide that the blurred list comes from also mentions IP Office (unblurred) as one of the platforms which will be used to migrate users to Avaya cloud solutions. Slightly naughty of UC Today to only quote half of the slide. So IP Office's role is seen as becoming more of a gateway, something that has already been done to support analog extensions connecting to ACO.

@sizbut: it would be terrible if someone used their copy of a certain powerful AI deblurring tool to reveal a more readable word. That would defeat the purpose of trying to hide our concerns. The question now is, what is meant by "sustain" or "wean"? Keep the Band-Aid on for now, but peel it off slowly when you do?

Tim Alberstein

The issue with the IP office being a gateway is you have to update to latest release and based off the other thread ( everyone is complaining about bugs with the new version. I have not upgraded any customers to the newest build nor have I done a ACO connect to a IP Office. Has anyone attempted this yet?

Seems like this will the the path forward for IP Office.

ACO does not integrate with IP Office at all. It's a wholly different product by Ringcentral and there is no way to connect ACO to IP Office. ACO is just RingCentral Cloud PBX with a new skin.

EDIT: I am actually incorrect here, you can use the IPO as an ATA for Cloud Office.

Cheers,
BFG9K
Melbourne, Australia

Ah yep I was wrong, you can use an IPO as an ATA for cloud office. Forgot about that feature.

Cheers,
BFG9K
Melbourne, Australia

It was a quiet feature release hidden in the last R11.1 service pack so you can be forgiven for not spotting it.

For those that don't know, during IP500 initial configuration, you can now select ACO Gateway mode. User details from ACO are then used to configure an ACO line and various IP Office users. Officially only supported for analog extensions and some additional local lines for emergency calls. I think it's currently North America only.

However it needs a lot of polish as you can still configure a lot of other IP Office features that are not supposed to be supported.

My last conversation about it they were looking at more extension types and a set of supported features for rainy day mode (very much the same as IP Office already does for Branch Edition which supports 9600/J100 extensions on Aura but falling back to local IP Office when needed).

Bunch of articles today about the possibility that Avaya will file for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. Share price at all time low of ~0.20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back