Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

here we go, Avaya stock $0.72 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westi

Programmer
May 14, 2007
CA
Send it was a matter of time when mismanagement catches up to the stock prices.
Lost over 95% in 5 years.
Writing on the wall seems to ring true.

Looking right now at the 3CX free system and holy sh!t that was easy to setup.
Avaya had to make it all so complicated to put the onus on the installer instead of simply programming it well.
I guess we will all meet in a different forum should this Avaya trend continue and they go the Nortel way.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

I have yet to do a demo with 3CX. Did you add your own SIP ITSP to the solution? Is it as feature positive as the AVYAYA IP Office?

AJ-

I installed the system 30 min before I posted and have not yet connected a SIP trunk but so far it seems intuitive and well programmed.
I will continue tonight (Eastern time) to see how SIP trunks are behaving and will work on it more.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Most providers have a trunk template Westi, it's beautifully simple to set up and everything just works first time.

Reach out if you get stuck, I've done their advanced cert. Happy to answer questions.

APSS/ACIS/ACSS-SME
not arrogant, just succinct.

Much appreciated Tom, will do.
I might just do their certification as well.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Ive been installing 3CX for the last 5yrs. My biggest site is 70 extns across three sites.

This system has done over 430,000 calls and I can count on one hand how many issues ive had.

The reporting on 3CX sucks. However they are soon to be opening their API up for more third parties to take advangage of.

Xima Soft already support 3CX for CSaaS (Call Centre as a Service)

99% of all our installs are cloud hosted with some on prem.

General Geek

I had done some testing with 3cx in the past and i really love how easy the remote worker setup is done.
The programming on the system leaves a bit to be desired compared to IPO, but yeah, it's still stupid easy to setup. I'm doing the certification for it!

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Where does Avaya make or lose its money?

I'm seeing a lot of ads for UC.

Whilst looking for a new job I took a look at the 3CX & it seems a very well featured system

They have regular web training sessions (free) & accreditation exams are also free.

I even managed to configure one on a Raspberry Pi @ home which I connected to my IPO as a 3rd party sip extn. nothing to write home about with that process & it enabled me to make use of their Android app with my home phone line.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

ipohead:

I’m a little cranky after the latest screw-up by Avaya executives, but anyway:

They make money from the enterprise accounts who pay big money for reliable service and durable software and hardware. The SMB market that most of us on this site are involved with doesn’t generate enough money for the headaches the smaller accounts bring to the table. I say this because even Panasonic has turned their backs on the telecom SMB.

They lose money because of terrible management from top to bottom, including channel managers. KK? Jim C? Wow - the board needs better due diligence (if Avaya survives).

What do you think about the 3CX apps?
We've had feedback the apps are not great or user-friendly? but there is a lot of function available, but not very easy or intuitive to use?

Also, some feedback we've had that is OK with deskphone, but when you start using the app and with larger deployments it's not so great?

There must be a lot of 3CX sales folks trolling this forum.

Avaya is the brand you should place your bets on. I have had customers leave IP Office for 3CX only to come back due to issues with Yelink phones, and crappy support.

Avaya is not going anywhere.
Just too darn big to fail, and an installed customer base that makes the rest of industry, 3CX included, envious.

No platform is perfect. Just jump on any of the competitors forums and have a read, you will be glad you have an IP Office with support available all over the globe, and largest channel partnership around.

@Travis Harper

I do hope you are correct however "Too darn big to fail" didn't exactly help Nortel

Calum M
ACSS

I just looked and Avaya stock is now 1.54
damn I should have taken all my money and bought stock and doubled my money :)

Nortel had good products and tested their stuff and great support (I hear) Avaya will try and push everyone to cloud by f@#$%ng up their hardware (500v2A cabinet which is forcing people onto 11.1) and firmware (11.1 is a lemon) so much that people are going to be forced to either live with a crappy phone system or use old hardware hoping it never dies.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

I am also really hoping Travis's "too darn big to fail" is the case as well. Many of us have invested many years into Avaya and learning the technology and hopefully it is not a Nortel situation.

What are your guys thoughts on the new CEO and what he has been saying? It sounds like he is going to be doubling down on cloud from an R&D standpoint and that being the focal point of product development (OneCloud).

Here was a interview he did recently:

I got 'Down Sized' from my position as an Avaya tech working for a partner. Maybe my employer saw the writing on the wall. But I have to admit it was the best thing they could have done for me. I have a much better job... just not working on Avaya.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back