Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

here is what i am trying to accomplish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyr slicing the image up into pieces and then using a onMouseover javascript function. I dont want to go to Chelsea!!!

OK I think I have got the answer - slices are the solution as I said before, I just couldn't work out how to slice - seeing the images you want to use helped!

Paste your image in a new document. Then create another frame using the frames panel. Copy your blurred image and paste it into this second frame.

You will need to use five slices on your first frame. Go back to the first frame and put a slice over the guy who you want to be the trigger (I have no idea which one you are on about on your web page since you have two guys in black on the left!!) You will then create four other slices and arrange these over the image around the first slice. The click the first slice, put your mouse over the circle in the centre, and drag it to one of the other slices. A popup box will appear asking if you want to swap the image from frame 2. Since you do then click OK. Repeat this for all the other slices, and you should get the effect you want.

I have done this on my computer, so if you want me to email you the example so you can see how it works, just put your email address and you can take a look at it.

The only payoff to my method is that you have to work in squares, so there will either be a tiny bit that is blurred that shouldn't be, or a tiny bit that is sharp that shouldn't be. However I honestly don't think most people will notice.

The reason this happens is becase you cannot have slices overlapping. If you do then the trigger is unavilable when exported and the effect will not work.

Hope this solves your problem!

Stuart

do you have fireworks? if so just select the bloke you want and the use insert hotspot link to your alternative file but unlike last solution it will only be the selection area that is square the event will swap to the wanted image. I dont want to go to Chelsea!!!

Thanks for the help it is helping me get past the "hurdle".

Yeah stuart my email address is: scottd@togobox.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back