Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Here I am all set to buy GFI Mail Essentials for spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom11011

MIS
Oct 12, 2001
US
And all of the sudden a letter from symantec arrives stating an update is available.

Some of the new features are:

Multi-layered spam prevention
enhanced antispam
mass mailer cleanup

Is this server side or client side? Is this worth it or should I continue to get the gfi mailessentials dedicated product??

This is installed on the email server. I have not tried GFI's product. I now a few peeps that will swear by it. I currently am using savfe and it's a very easy setup and install. Sometimes the filter does not pick on key words I put in it. (working on that) Very rarely does it create a false positive. If it does this is cause I configured it wrong. Everything is easy to setup. However if I remember correctly GFI's product is free and needs to be installed as a email gateway.

We use GFI mail Essentials for spam and have disabled the spam prevention in SAV. It works quite well so far, no complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back