Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hepl Server Breakdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frl

Technical User
Jul 28, 2003
US
Hi,

we have a problem with our Windows2000 Server. Proccessor was 100% all the time and i found out it was an issue with the spoolv.exe. Print jobs got stuck in spooler. I couldnt delete them as server was not reponding due to cpu overload. I had to manually restart the server and after restarting it is still very slow. With the administartor user account when I log in it doesnt start up it just gets stuck. I restarted in safe mode with networking and deleted all files from \winnt\system32\spool\printers but it didnt help. Now i restarted again and logged in with my personal account which is in domain admin group and i managed to get in but is still very slow. Even to open task manager it takes for ever. Our Domino server that runs on this computer is also not running properly.

Can somebody help.

Thanks!

Actually when I log in with my admin account I cannot do anything it just doesnt open windows or if pres CTRL ALT DEL it gets me the task manager window but when i select task manager it doesnt open it.
It starts normally in Safe Mode.

Obviously you need to kill the process that is monopolising the system - try stopping the Print Spooler service in Services and kill the process in task manager.

I put both the Printer Spooler service and Lotus Domino server service to disabled and restarted computer normally. Than I put the Domino Service to automatic and had the same problem. Domino window start after long time and it doesnt start the server because of some errors.
So the problem is probably in Domino. But I dont know how to repair it to get Domino back to normal again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back