Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELPPPP!!!!! Pervasive always Hang!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bUAYa99

MIS
Nov 16, 2007
SG
anyone have this kind of problem? and the solutions is have to reboot the server?

please help me... my pervasive always hang and need to reboot. It happened frequently. I really peace off with this macola.

anyone know how to prevent this issue?

Version of Macola? Version of Pervasive? Operating system? Is this on the server or on a workstation?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Macola Progression Series v7.5.102i
Pervasive SQL version 7.0
OS, Win2k server
on server.

bUAYa99:

We run an older version of Macola (7.5.102e).

When we first installed it, we had lots of crashes. It turned out to be the hardware. If you can, try a different server.

Once we changed servers, our problems went away. Macola under Pervasive is very stable.

good luck!

ps. It is "pissed off", not "peace off

is it due to the hardware is too fast? the software were installed on HP Proliant DL380 G5, previously on G4. Both servers running with quad processor.

You have a frickin' 13 year old database engine! Neither Pervasive nor Exact supports this version. Upgrade to MS SQL and do everyone a favor.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

bUAYa99:

I am not an expert, but I don't think your server is too fast.

Can you see any pattern to when it crashes?
Does the server crash or does Macola just lock up?
What screens are you on when it locks up or crashes?

Again, when it runs, Macola and Pervasive are very reliable. Many people do run versions this old. Do you have a local Macola consultant you can work with?

FYI... I have number of customized application which talked to Macola or pull the data from Macola using ODBC.

The problem used to happened when we run the program. It will hang due to pervasive is not responded. What I did is Stop and Start the BTRIEVE Services at Server, but it never works. AS a last result, reboot the server.

Yes, I did, I signed yearly maintenance contract with Macola Consultant from Singapore.

Do you have any other Macola consultant for me to refer ?

They will get you up to a supported platform, which is very good. In the meantime I wish I could help but I can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back