Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

helpdesk software solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhphoto

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2003
CH
Hi there

I am looking for a helpdesk software solution for our IT department to keep track on all issues requests and calls from users about their computers printers and so on… and I am looking for some specific features, it should be email integrated;
PC inventory integrated;
Web based in order to be able to reach it on any computer;
and it should be able to work with active directory which means that when I enter someone’s name or anything in reference it should query active directory for the computer {IP address or name.};
And a remote access ability to the user’s computer…

And of course I am not looking for expensive one…

If anyone has got any knowledge\idea on this issue please reply.

Your help is very much appreciated

TIA
JoelB

Also...check out Peregrine or Remedy:

Good products for call tracking. Cost is of course the main factor. Depending on the cost/benefit analysis, you may also want to find an MS Access expert among your staff. Have them design a simple database for call tracking e.g.

Customer Name, Customer telephone etc..., Time, Date
Ticket number, Problem source, Call priority (base this on your service level agreement), Assigned Helpdesk agent,
Problem Description, Problem Resolution etc...

Good luck! ;-)

Hello

If u are looking for a Helpdesk just check this one. It is simple and easy to use plus it is web based, email integrated, and use NT authentication for user.

Darshan %-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back