Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbrentn

Technical User
Apr 15, 2001
US
hi, i made a java navigational bar in fireworks and implemented it in dreamweaver. In fireworks i made it so when you put your mouse over a link, a menu would pop up underneith. well when i preview in dreamweaver the menu is popping up about a inch ABOVE the navigational bar and not below the link on the bar like it is supposed to. can someone help me fix this? thanks!

Brent Nelson

Without seeing the code that fireworks has created, I would guess that the mouseover sub-menus are on hidden layers. If that is the case, select them on the layers pallette in Dreamweaver and drag them to where you want them to pop up.

so... the menus are fine in Fireworks preview and then misaligned in dreamweaver?

I have had the same problem myself and for that reason declined to create pop-up menus in Fireworks. For some reason Fireworks sets the alignment relative to the top left corner of the page. A pop-up sub menu set to 180,360 will still show at 180,360 in Dreamweaver...the only problem with this is in my case...it would work fine as long as my table and content was left aligned. If I tried to center it then everything would be centered except for the pop-up sub menu which was still located at 180,360.

I usually have solutions for tek-tips problems but this is one instance where I am completely clueless. Ya' Gotta Love It!:)X-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back