Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiaMeX

Programmer
Jul 31, 2003
US
i want to sent command over the network... what site shuld i go to for my reference?i created a program that will create a file over the network using win32 apis but it didnt worked...

Your program needs to send a command over the network? If you're using tcp/ip (internet protocol) and windows (I remember you were talking about win32 assembler) then you should check out the winsock api. The standard winsock documentation was enough info for me to make a small encrypted chat server/client program pretty easily, so it's easy to use and comprehensive. If you are sending a custom command to another computer you may need to make a "server" program that will run on the recieving computer and a "client" program to send it the command. The server program would then run the command when the client tells it to.

Anything more specific you could use help with?

--------
It is an honor to recieve an honest reply. (Prov 24:26)

Yes. That's what im trying to learn - On how to gain control(just how pcanywhere does) on one machine across the network. I really dont know where to start, but fortunately, you have said about winsock so i guess, i have to start learning those apis.
...thanks!!!!
i'll just post some questions bout this later when i encounter problems.
good day!!! :)

---------------
yeah! it's good to be honest...

There are billions of winsock tutorials out there... my advice is to search for +win32 +"winsock tutorial" on google. When I designed a simple chat program I did it by barely modifying a skeleton client/server example that was already out there. (No, this was not a school project... nobody gets to flame me for that!)

There are a lot of client/server examples out there so just pick one that you understand well and modify it to your uses. If you want to get really fancy you could try redirecting the output/input of a command shell to the socket, telnet style. Otherwise you could find sourcecode for an existing telnet daemon and modify that.

--------
It is an honor to recieve an honest reply. (Prov 24:26)

i guess i'm lucky with this site. :) thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back