Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbasicking

Programmer
Aug 19, 2001
US
I have windows 98 which was upgraded from Windows 95. Whenever I start my computer it beeps very loudly three times before it does the memory check and then it loads fine except for that the screen has got vertical white bars going through it and it is impossible to read. It doesn't do this while flashing the logo or running DOS programs (like Qbasic) either. Can somebody tell me whats wrong with it?

Normally when it beeps like that during the POST it points to a video hardware problem. However depending on the system it could mean other things. What kind of a system is this?

I would try reseeding the video card first. Please provide feedback, good or bad.
And I'm always open to new suggestions or ideas.

Regards

The computer is a US Tech with a Pentium processor, 64MB of memory (16MB originally) It has one 1GB hard drive (compressed) a CD Player and a 1.44MB disk drive.

What is set for video choice in CMOS? Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back