Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

samccx27

Technical User
Aug 21, 2010
US
Hi i am trying to get this application working to control my robot over the wireless. I keep getting this error when I try to deploy the application to the eBox

Trax_Serv.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'mscorlib.dll', No symbols loaded.
'Trax_Serv.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'c:\documents and settings\xxxxxx\my documents\visual studio 2005\projects\trax_serv\trax_serv\bin\debug\Trax_Serv.exe', Symbols loaded.
'Trax_Serv.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'System.dll', No symbols loaded.
'Trax_Serv.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'c:\program files\roboticsconnection\serializerlib\RoboticsConnection.Serializer.CompactFramework.dll', No symbols loaded.
A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.IOException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.IOException' occurred in System.dll

These messages I got from the clipboard
System.IO.IOException was unhandled
Message="IOException"
StackTrace:
at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream.WinIOError()
at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream.WinIOError()
at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream.CheckResult()
at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream.InitializeDCB()
at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor()
at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open()
at RoboticsConnection.Serializer.Internal.CommunicationTask.Start()
at RoboticsConnection.Serializer.Serializer.StartCommunication()
at RoboticsConnection.Serializer.Serializer.Run()
at Trax_Serv.MsgProcessor.init()
at Trax_Serv.Program.Main()

I have tried everything I know but I am still unable to fix it. plz help me out. have i missed something?

Are you using com1/2 to do the talking or is it usb?

I'm using COM 2 to talk to the serializer board. I tried using COM 1 as well but that didn't work either. I can understand COM one not working because it is usually reserved for debug but COM 2 should work according to the code. I tried a sample app from one of the books that uses COM ports and that works just fine so I think I'm wright to say that COM ports are working fine. There is something else that is missing which I'm not able to spot.

Are you running as an admin user?

I don't need to run as an admin. Its a Windows CE OS design I don't require that kind of special privileges to access COM ports. All I have to do is include the required driver components with the OS design and that is all that is needed.

I forgot to mention before I a using eBox 2300 board and using the Vortex_x86_60CS BSP for the OS design. The Basic design is as it is described in the jumpstart guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back