Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilsontec

Technical User
Apr 1, 2001
HK
I am a jurnior pbx administrator.
How can i setup multi-phone ring when incoming call in for
analog phone but not use group call feature (because it is not for conference use)

If I understand correctly, you have a multiple line digital telephone and you want a number to ring also on an alnlog phone.

If this is the case, you create a MIX by programming an analog TN with the same number, run the X-connects and connect a separate analog phoneset to the station jack.

I do not know of any digital sets that will also process analog on incoming calls.

Thanks

Rick

Hi Fotoziam
Thanks your help my case is How can I use one DN number to call different DN unmber of analog phone set.

e.g. when i dial DN 6000 then 6001,6002,6003,6004 will ring together but not use group call feature. Because I want only one station can handle the call

Not knowing the application's particular's, the only thing that I can think of is to build an analog hunt group

FND and HTA to the next phone set in the group and have the last phone in the group point to the first phone in the group. Only one phone will ring at a time.

Drawback - if phones are not busy, then each phone will ring 4 times until the caller reached an attended phone.

Hope this helps.

On the otherhand, if you used digital phones, you could solve this easily with an ACD group.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back