Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinlath

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2001
US
Have a situation where my company needs to connect to 1000s of PCAnywhere hosts. Instead of goiung through lists of connections I'd like to develop a little prog that will connect to a host. It doesn't seem like there is a way to simply command line awrem32.exe without having a existing CHF file. Is there something I'm missing?? Is there a library that can create a CHF file that I can dynamically change from connection to connection??

Thanks in advance

Have you looked at something like dameware instead?

Never liked PC Anywhere.

Iain

Within Pcanywhere you can make folders.
Have a folder 'A' for the A-host, a 'B' folder for the B-host, etc. Or oraganize them by location,Dallas, Houston, etc. Either way, you are going to have a list some where, might as well be in Pcanywhere. Or you can just go to the properties of the remote icon and type in the information everytime if data storage is an issue.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

I think we used to dial into our customers and pull log files back. I will track down what script we used.
Thank You,
tiver

Sorry for the hope. We just create ATF files to do remote file transfers and put them in windows scheduler.

Well I am just a lowly peon without the decision making abilities in the group so I wouldn't be able to suggest Dameware.

We are adding customers all the time and what I would eventually like is to enter a location number and that customer's DNS server is queried for the location's IP address over VPN. I would like to then create a temp CHF file for PCAnywhere to run off of which is changed from session to session.

Thanks for your posts on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back