Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! XP slows to a crawl...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky20

Technical User
Jun 1, 2003
CN
New installation worked fine for few days, then for some reason now everything is in slow motion,,, file search, program launch, etc... Suggestions?

Does XP have the function of choosing an earlier system date like ME?

This is Ricky. Something strange with Kazaa. I downloaded some files and then when I looked in the 'my kazaa' file structure is no longer showed the shared folders of the few files I'd downloaded but has grabbed thousands of files from the hd and sorted them. Also, when I use xp find to search for a file that is definitly in the Kazaa download folder it can't find it!! And when I look in Win Explore they are not there! But if I restrt and boot from my WIN2K system they are there!!

It's Ricky. Disregard the files problem, my mistake. but Kazaa does suck up the cpu resources.

I agree that kazaa uses resources. I'm using XP and have 256 mb of DDR. I don't have to run KAzaa for very long before i start getting memory usage in the 300's, thus paging over 50 megs. pretty shitty.

NUQE

We all know about the "stupid user" don't we... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back