Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with what to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

sypher9878

Technical User
Mar 18, 2003
US
I have recently built a new computer and want to buy some speakers for it...Money is no object on this project so i am looking for the best their is...I would like recommendations on speakers sets that i could easily play a THX sound test on and have crap fall off the walls..so if you know of any like this feel free to post

I would say to go for the Logitech 5.1's, they are supposed to have the best and most RMS output of all the pc speakers systems out there, but be ware of the price...

May the Code Be With You...
----------
x50-8 (X Fifty Eigt)

if you are looking for the best there is.. I'd personally recommend hooking up a component system. The newer ones support 7.1 surround and you can hook up *much* larger and better sounding speakers.
A good receiver will run you about 250-500$, plus the speakers, another 100-1000+ depending what size and how many you get. But it is more adaptable to other uses, such as hooking up to your tv, dvd player etc.
they'll never be able to create a set of pc speakers that have the depth of sound you get from a good component system without actually selling a component system in a pc sound system box.
just get a good sound card and run the audio out to the receiver and let it do the rest :)

I think thats what im going to do...thanx for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back