Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayanes21

Programmer
May 19, 2006
US
I just bought this Visontek Xtasy 5332 geforce 2 32mb mx200 PCI card. After I installed the hardware and the drivers, I am running into a few problems, 1 I am running Win XP Pro and when I power on my PC instead of getting the regular loading screen which was first the compaq logo(where I can hit f10 and go to my bios) and secondly it would show the Win Xp logo then go to the log in screen. After I installed the card now when I power on my pc, there is no signal to my montior for a short period so I cant see anything, when I finally do get a signal I get black screen with a purple box on the right of the screen, after anoter few seconds it brings me right to my log in screen. Once I log in everything works ok. I had a few games that were not compatible with my cheap on board card but now they work fine. My second problem is every so often when I close a program I get the following error message "The instructions at "0x1000935d" referenced memory at 0x00c00008 the memory could not be read". If I click ok nothing happens but I would like to know how can I stop this from continuing since it was not happening before I installed the card, and most importantly is how do I get rid of the black screen with the purple box, How can I get my original loading screen to come up so I can get to my bios? Also since I have installed the card my pc has slowed down considerably, is there some how I can configure this to go back tot he way it use to be. For example when I try to shut down the PC I go to start shut down then I get the choices to shut, restart and something else, now regardless of what I choose the screen just dims out and goes all grey and does nothing. I appreciate the help. In case you were wondering I have a Compaq Presario 5009SR, PIII 1ghz, and 256mb ram, plus a 60gig hd. Dont know if this is of any use. I understand you have a turn around time of 24 hrs but I had first sent my email when I bought it on Tuesday, and still have heard nothing.

Once again thank you in advance

I can't offer anything for the error you are experiencing but -
The Black screen senario could be caused by the way your monitor is reading the new card. I have experienced the same problem with a Belinea monitor in windows 98SE.
Try This - When the screen gets to the stage where the coloured square is in the top corner, press the pause/break key on the keyboard to pause the loading sequence. Then using the set-up buttons on your monitor, see if you can expand the coloured square up to full screen size. Press the space bar (or any other key) to resume the boot.
Hope this works - if not - sorry.
Regards, Mike

I have attached NTSD (a User mode debugger for Windows XP) to MMC.EXE and discovered that the problem is within nView.dll. I have had the same exact problem as you do (even the 0x1000935d memory address was the same), the only diffrence is that this video card is my secondary video card. My primary is a Visiontek Xtasy Geforce 4 Ti 4600 and has the same driver version as the MX card. I have the same exact card as you do (The MX card that is). What driver version are you running? I am runnning 27.42 version of the NEDS (Nvidia Experimental Drivers).

I had the same basic problem - running PCI GeForce 4 MX 420. I installed the nView program and the issue popped up. I had to uninstall all the video drivers to get rid of nView. then reinstalled JUST the drivers, and everything is fine - I just omitted the nView installation.

I also have a PCI GeForce 4 MX 420 and I cant seem to get a signal to my monitor. The machine spins up but I get no 'beeps' and the monitor light never changes from amber to green. Any thoughts? BEHOLD! As Steve Jobs introduces us the latest in desk-lamp technology!

I have PCI GeForce 4 MX 440 on Windows XP HomeE and
I have a problem with running applications (Especially VB!)
I get an error message everytime I run a specific app
when i run the "trace bug" it sais that Nview.dll
makes an exception on 0xC0000005:Access Violation
i don't have a clue what to do...

to "jAQUAN (TechnicalUser)":I Don't think that your GeForce
is the problem here try maybe the windows if it's on standby or the mother board...

If you goto you can get the unified drivers for your gefore chipset. The latest version is 29.something. This should fix the video related problems. As for the purple box you mentioned, this may be a feature of your monitor. Also, you may want to update your BIOS to see if it can fix the shutdown problem.

umm im running a integrated geforce2 32mb, and i dont know waht drivers i should get, and i need help, please. also sometimes when i play my game counter strike it will just exit on me, i dont know whats up, i just need some help. plesae ask any question that might help me.

I am having the same problems with a GeForce4 MX420 PCI... I was wondering were I can get my BIOS updated...

I also had the 0x1000935d error, i have a 64ddr geforce4, some engeneer told me that it was the procesor, but now i think that it is the driver of the video card, i hace win xp pro and the first time i install the card i have some problems...what im gonnga do
is to uninstall the drivers of the video card and install them again with a newer ver.

luck 2 all of u ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back