Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with using multiple external IPs (506e)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2002
CA
I have multiple external IP addresses that I want translated to multiple internal IP addresses (multiple web servers) and I'm having trouble getting it to work for anything but a single external address. What do you need to configure to do this?

You need a static and an access-list.

static (inside,outside) pubicip privateip netmask 255.255.255.255

access-list ACLNAME permit tcp any host pubicip eq 80

Ok thanks. I think I have that part covered. What should my "global" configuration look like?

Never mind, I figured it all out. My configuration was OK on the PIX. As it turns out I had an issue with the second web server and didn't even think to consider something other than the PIX was the problem. I resolved the web server issue and have access externally (using different external ip addresses) to both internal web servers.

Thanks anyway.

((By the way my global statement is: 'global (outside) 1 interface'. I'm assuming this allows the use of PAT - Port Address Translation for all outbound traffic. Everything works as I require.))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back