Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with the roundup function in EXCEL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bytor2000

ISP
Jan 5, 2004
US
Good day to all!

I was trying to use the ROUNDUP function in excel but it seems limited to a specific number that you have to use.

I have a spread sheet with a price list and I want to roundup every price so it is a nice sales number like $0.95.

I have tried everthing I can think of but can't get it to round up the decimal places to .95 without going through each one by hand. I have over 800 products to do this with all of course can range from 1 dollar to 200 dollars.

Some help on this would be much appreciated.

Hi,

Maybe you need some lateral thinking! Try using ROUNDUP to get the appropriate dollar and then subtract 5 cents in your formula, if you want everything to end up with a $999.95 price.

eg was =ROUNDUP(A1,0)

now =ROUNDUP(A1,0)-0.05

Good Luck!
Peter Moran

Well the lateral thinking did work.

I had to use the formula in another cell in a different column. But then I just dragged the formula down and there they all were. So then I just pasted special - values into the right column and I am done.

Thank you so much for the help. What I did not realize was that I could use cell references and not just numbers.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back