Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Telephony Manager 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccarmock

Technical User
Oct 23, 2005
GB
Hi,

We have recently upgraded from OTM 2.20 to TM 4.00.01

All we really used OTM for was to manage our ITG based trunks and generate the Corporate directory for the CS1000M.

However we need to move away from Windows 2000 in which it used to run so upgraded to TM 4.

It is up & running and talking to the switch. I wonder if anyone could offer a bit of advice on a few items.

I have been able to retrieve a card & set inventory from the CS1000, however how do you manage the settings on a phone? In OTM it was possible to retrieve a set and make changes - I can't find that in TM. Do I need to use the web interface? I get a login page if I point a web browser at the TM 4 server however after defining a user ID under Security I still can't login to the web interface - I get an eror about authentication when I try.

Also the CND application is also loaded, however is there any way to have TM 4 retrieve the list of names back from the switch in the same way OTM did under CPND and then use that to generate the CorpDir?

Any help and tips appreciated.

Regards
Clive

Some quick things to get you started:

- web login in - use Windows workstation username/password for login
- use the server desktop client to set up your switch information (Call Service IP address, etc.)
- use the Web client to schedule retrieving your TN information and adds/moves/changes like you did in OTM 2.

Excellent - thanks for that adding the /admin allows me to login to the web interface.

I assume I have to setup some form of Sync job to retrieve the data fromt he CS1000 ?

Is this under Sync tasks? I can see an option to RUn Now but can't see where I'd define a sync task.

There is an IMPORT option but that's promting for a filename.

Regards
CLive

Once you have added your system using the Windows desktop TM Navigator, open the System Window and File > Update System Data.

Next log into the Web navigator, do a Telephones > Search. Choose your Site - System and select Search Field = Sync Status and Value = All. You probably will get "No records to display!. Use the <more actions> drop down box and click the Retrieve All radio button, fill in the task name box with any description and click the Submit button. This should then work like OTM where TM will log into the switch and retrieve all the TNB information. Use the Telephones > Sync Logs selection to see how your retrieve task went.

Thanks very much for that - it worked just fine, though it still takes a long time to download the TN details from the CS1000.

After it finished the full sync, I tried to upload a new Corporate directory. I set up the properties as I am used to in OTM 2.20, however when I generate the report I get a message Unable to connect to CND. Is CND needed for a single system CorpDir as well as a network of TM stations?

CND just seems to connect to external directories, whereas at this stage I am keen to use the CPND data Ie from LD 95 to generate the CorpDir. Is this still possible?

Install CND from the TM install CD. It will work then.

FYI, in TM 4.0 you have to populate (retrieve) and manage the System Speed Call and Speed Call lists through the Windows server desktop.

Ok thanks for that - and thanks for the tip on CND - that fixed it - I thought I only needed CND for sync with an LDAP directory

I must admit I am not sure TM4 is much of an improvment on OTM 2.20, but maybe I'm just not used to it.

Having problems now retrieving the ISDN IP trunk definitions - yes we still have some old 3.01 style ITG trunks around. In theory the card doesn't have to be disabled for a retraieve but the system fails to complete the 'get' fromt he card.

I have a question about 4.0 if the Server Applications:
DECT JVM has stopped how can you re-start?? Is it's just a reboot of the server? Thanks haven't had alot of training on telephony manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back