Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help with TDP for Domino

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsavy

Technical User
Nov 6, 2003
CH
Hello,

I'm new with TDP for mail with Domino 6.53

With TSM I 'm used to do incremental backup & archiving for end of month.

To fit this backup policy with TDP for Domino, I'd like to keep 6 versions of the mailboxes and archive end of week and end of month.

But it seems the only way to backup with TDP is incremental. How can I do end of week/month archive using TDP. ( I do not use log archiving.)

Untill now, the only way I found is stopping Domino services and do an archive with TSM client.

Thanks for your help

I think you need to do log archiving to roll forward the dates or apply the logs if you need to restore from a specific date and time.

you need to create 4 nodes in the box one for the daily incremental , weekly , monthly and yearly.

surely every node will depend on the retention of the file backup. for monthly use selective as backup and no archive log and retention for 365 and incremental is for 15 copies and weekly will retain 5 copies, so that if someone need restore a mail file from a certain date you can restore your weekly and apply the logs for the specific date.

or check this redbook for better understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back