Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Subform

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandyH

Programmer
Jun 16, 2000
US
Hello,
I am having a problem with trying to create a subform. What I am trying to do is have a subform listed inside of my current form with different Items that you check off whether you want them included or not. The problem I am having is that when I go to a new form the subform stays the same and there is no way that i can think of to correcspond the form and subform to stay together. I have a huge list of items for the subform that I want copied over each time to the new form but want all the check marks to go back to blank.
This is what I want my subform to look like. I tried to do the Id same as main form ID but the problem with that is the subform goes blank when I switch to the next form and I want everything to still be listed.

Item Included Excluded Neither
Air Balance x
Water Heater x
Sales Tax x

I know this must sound confusing because I'm confusing myself, but any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Sandy

OK, this is doable, but we need some more info. What is in your main form and subform? I'm not really sure that you need to have a main and subform with they way you describe it. More details will make it easier.

Thanks.

This is for a bidding application. The main form has all the general information (i.e. bidder name, project, description of the bid, price, etc) and the subform has what I want included in the bid price or excluded in the bid price (i.e. item name, included check box, excluded check box, or neither check box)Thats about it for both of them. After all the information is completed then I print out a proposal(report) with all the information to give to the company we are bidding the project to.
Thanks,
Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back