Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Sorting Labels in a Pivot

Status
Not open for further replies.

CABarbara

Technical User
Oct 4, 2004
US
This is a newbie question so please bear with me. I have a pivot with labels across the top which represent the months of the year. These are pulled using a substr from incoming dates so I have 01, 02, etc. I created a Computed Column to have 01 represented as Jan, 02 as Feb, etc. and used the computed column for the top labels. However, because it automatically sorts, the order becomes Apr Aug Feb etc. Is there a way to force a sort in a particular order? I do not know Javascript. I saw a posting from lennondad recommending ActiveDocument.Sections["Pivot"].SideLabels["Dummy"].SortByLabel(bqSortAscend) to resolve a similar problem, but do not know if there is a way to do this w/o using Java. Brio Explorer 6.5.2
TIA. Barbara

Not that I've found. You can use both fields in your display to get the sort correct, then shrink the line with the numbers as much as you can to hide it, but there will still be a little bit of it showing - doh!

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus!" - Firesign Theatre [jester]

If you format the pivot label by right clicking with them all highlighted, then click number, then date, then "mmm", it should alphabetize by month in calendar order. There is no need to use the computed item if you want only the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back