Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with small office edition 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx7153

Technical User
Aug 9, 2004
US
Hi all
I just installed a small office edition with 2.0 software.
I installed the 3 cd's on my PC and set up the system bacic
using IP address 192.168.42.1, and now I can't get back into to the IP Office to do more programming.

What can I do to get back in to the system and will I be able to add 4600 IP sets to the system.

My system is 4T 8A (3VC)

Hey aarenot thanks for the info for IP Office link.
I load the system with 3.2.54, but I have a couple of issuses.

When I do a change to an analog port, it only lets me do one change and I have to save it to the system before I can do another change.

When I use monitor, it goes though all the stats and then
reset the IP office and then comes back on.

When I loaded 3.2.54 it still shows 2.0.16 in the monitor.
Did I do some thing wrong.

try to upgrade it now
if it fails you cab dte it again :)
trail and error is sometimes better that everything explained for you
this is a trail and error situation :)

Women and cats can do as they please and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Hey tlpeter, I got it upgraded and working great.
I put 3.2.54 software on the system.
Thanks for all you help.

here a star for not giving up
play with it for a little while an you get better and better with it :)

Way to stick with it! Begining of 2006 we had no IPO techs anymore, and I got about an hour or so with a guy before he left, so I have been there. Good work.

Discrepancy

In the document “installation manual IP office 4.0” in the pages 185 – 187 section H Additional processes. Upgrading the core software there’s a table indicating the outlines for a multi-stage upgrade process.
And for the SOE it’s

2.1 – 3.0 – 3.1 – 3.2 – 3.2 (999) – 4.0 (x)

And next page it indicates the process step by step.
I understood that I must download the latest admin CD (4.0) install the manager, and attempt to upgrade, doing so the manager should show me the next hop necessary to upgrade, once, twice, or as many times as necessary until final version 4.0, but I did it that way and the manager show me:

“actual 3.0 (40), available 4.0 (5)”

so… it’s suggesting a one shot upgrade!

BUT! – in the document Global_IP_Office_Tech_Bulletin_Number_80.pdf the process has been reduced to two steps

2.1 – 3.2 (999) – 4.0

So must I download all the giant-size ADMIN CD version 3.2 to get just the mini size bin file?
Ain’t them available on line as individual files?

Or has anyone made it one-shot?

some ipo boxes have limited memory
so the older version had bin files only but the newer boxes have enought memory so you don't the boot loaders
but i think that a lot of engineers use the boot loader anyway

the most important question,what ip office do you have and what pcs does it have ?
the pcs can be found on the back of the box

In the preferences from your manager there is an entry where the program should look for it's bin-files.
Now it's pointing to the default ...\programfiles\avaya\manager. This way it only sees the latest 4.0.5 bin files.

If you do the multistage you'll have to point the bin-directory to the directory where the other binfiles are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back