Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Ship To/Mark For validation-ExactEDI/Progression 7.7.400/WMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

srmEDI

Technical User
May 31, 2010
US
Does anyone have a customer that change the Cosolidation DC occasionally? We have a customer that has a "default" Consoldation DC, but will occasionally change that DC on an incoming PO based on a variety of factors, i.e. order size, cube, weight, etc.

At this time, I am getting a pat answer that I must degsingate the DC in the Ship To file of ExactEDI. This would be satisfactory if the system preformed some type of validation and placed those orders on Hold if the Cosolidation DCs did not match, which would allow me to process them on an excetion basis. However, there does not appear to be any. I have contacted the customer, and they are unwilling to set static DCs.

If anyone has incountered this issue, were you able to find an acceptable method of catching these prior to shipping them?

Okay everybody. We found a solution. We have ExactEDI using the N1*ST (regardless of whether it is a ship to store or drop ship). That way the ship to code populates the O/E sales order. Then, we have a program that goes into the EDI PO Tables and looks to see if there was a Mark For (N1*Z7) in the PO. If so, it pulls that data to use on the carton label. We then had Exact use what was transmitted on the PO for the invoice and ASN. So, if anyone runs into something similar, this was our work around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back