Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! with Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaxVar

Technical User
Feb 16, 2006
US
Hello, pretty new to backups and using Netbackup 5.1 mp4. When i attempt to run a report, i am able to select a Media Server but when i attempt to select a Media ID there are numbers missing?? IE. 0070L1 is simply not there although i'm able to run an inventory and locate the tape. Can anyone help me get this back, i'd like to inventory the contents. By the way, there are several others missing but i don't understand why.

Thanks in advance

Is this a SAN setup?

Have you got multiple Media Servers sharing the same tape library?

Which commands and switches are you running.

It may be that the Media although present in the Library, is not in the Media Servers local database and the command you are using and selecting a Media Server for is one that queries media in its local database (i.e what it has written to).

Not an answer I know, but would make it easier to figure out whats going wrong for you.

Regards

Jubal95

I am not using a SAN.

I do have multiple Media Servers.

In the hopes of locating the tapes in this Report View, i've expired the tapes:

bpexpdate -m "media_id" -d 0

then i erased the tape:

bplabel -erase -m "media_ID" -d "density" -p volume_pool_name.

But they were still not available.

With the media contents report, you can type the tape number in , this report takes a long time to produce results since it mounts the tape and reads the header.

I think when you expired the tapes you have removed them from the catalog , so they will not appear in the drop down list until they are reused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back