Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with report fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesaarnold

Technical User
Oct 9, 2001
US
I have created a database with a normal date field. In my report one of my fields needs to do a count on how many records are older then 14 days (past due). How do I have this field populated automaticlly on my report. I have been able to get sum, and dcount attributes to do totals, but the 14 day thing has me verrrry confused. In addition to this I have to create duplicate fields for (past due) that tally by month-to-date, and year-to-date. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim (newbie)

My first thought is to base the report on a query and create the calc'd field there. An example calculated field might be: PastDue: iif(now() - DueDate > 14, True, False). Use a totals query and count the True values. This probably isn't the optimal method, but it'll work.

Luther

I figured out the proper way.

=Dcount("[TRACKING NUMBER]", "[DAILY LINE UP]","DateDiff('d'[DueDate],Now()) > 14")

But now I'm stuck on how to get these same records sorted by month-to-date, and year-to-date on my reports. Any Ideas?????????

Jim

This is the expression I'm trying to use.

=(DCount("[TRACKING NUMBER]","DAILY LINE UP","DateDiff('d',[DATE],Now()) > 14")) & " - " & (DCount("[TRACKING
NUMBER]","DAILY LINE UP","[DATE]
Between Format('1/' & Month(Now) & '/' & Year(Now),'m/d/yyyy') And Now"))

TRACKING NUMBER = autonuber field/primary key
DAILY LINE UP = Table name
DATE = Date/Time Field

I still get errors when I try to run it. What do you think??????

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back