Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help with repeating frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBK

Programmer
Nov 1, 2002
US
I have report that places info onto labels. There are 10 labels per page (5 x2) and I accomplish this by using a repeating frame.

Whenever there is more data than can fit into the area of one label(repeating frame area) it carries over to the next page and continues instead of the next available label. Regardless of position on the page, it always goes to the next logical page, which sometimes means 9 blank labels in between the 2.

Any and all help appreciated.

Make the vertical and horizontal elasticity of the repeating frame to be fixed.

The elasticity is set to fixed for both horiz/vert for the repeating frame.

Click Edit Margin button and make sure your body section (thick frame) is big enough to enclose all 10 labels. Sounds like now it is just the size of the repeating frame, instead of being 5x2 repeating frames.
Another possibility is that you are having a frame that includes your repeating frame, and that outer frame is having fixed vertical and horizontal elasticity instead of expanding one, so no more than one instance of the repeating frame can fit into. If so, change the elasticity of the outer frame(s).

What I have I essentially 2 repeating frames. The main repeating frame (student) contains a list of students. The second group (classes) contains a list of their classes. Now for each student (repeating frame 1), I want to list their respective courses (repeating frame 2). I set up repeating frame 1 with fixed elasticity so that it will format properly on the labels (10 labels per sheet). Repeating frame 2 (inside repeating frame 1) has elastictiy fixed horizontal and variable vertical).

Now whenever, repeating frame 2 is too large to be contained within repeating frame 1, I want it to spill over onto the next consecutive label, not the top of the next page.

What's about Print Orientation of the repeating frame 2? Did you try Accross/Down and Down/Across options?

They are both set to down/across and does not improve whenever I change either or both

OK, what about Maximum Records per Page property of the label repeating frame? Is it by any chance set to 1?

If the max records was set to 1 then I would only have one record per page instead of the usual 10.

I double checked all of the obvious repeating frame properties and even tried to use minimum window records.

As my messages indicate, it only occurs whenever there is more than x items in repeating frame 2, otherwise all is well

Please advise in what way there can be different number of items in the repeating frame 2. As I understand, the frame is for classes, so each class prints in the new frame instance, up to 10 per student. How multiple items for the same class are possible?
I think you should put another frame (regular one, not repeating) inside the repeating frame 2, make its both elasticities fixed, and then place label content insede that new frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back