Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with registeering Nortel 1140 handsets on CS1K

Status
Not open for further replies.

splinter123

Technical User
Dec 3, 2014
AU
Hi All,

I'm having problems with getting some 1140 handsets to register on our CS1K after factory reset. Upon handset rebooting after the reset it gives a prompt to enter ID for user login which I'm unsure what to enter. Booting into the handset's menu I can see it picked up a DHCP address but just not registering on the CS1K.

Is there another step I've missed?

Thankyou

If the phone is prompting you for a user and login then it is running SiP f/ware.

please can you confirm that your other working phones are running SiP? If not then they are running Unistim - the units you are having problems with will therefore need to be converted over before you can use them.

When registering you're other phones do they prompt you for a node id and TN?

Regards

Paul

Maybe important detail
After factory reset 11XX starts FULL DHCP
If your DHCP Server does not support nortel requests set does not receive NODE IP and so on

Paul

The working handsets do prompt for TN, which once entered connects and does a firmware update. Does this mean they're running Unistim? The problematic ones don't prompt for TN at all.

Whats the process to convert them back to Unitstim, if even possible?

Thanks

You're running a Unistim platform.

To confirm that the troublesome phones are running SiP, double tap the services button (the one with the globe and the two horizontal arrows) on the phone, this will bring up a menu.

go into Local Diagnostics, then ip set and scroll down to firmware version.

If its unistim it will start 0625Cxx, it its sip it will be in the format of 04 00 02 05 etc.

If its Sip it can be converted over but this involves setting up a TFTP server and fiddling with files to fool the phone.

Are you UK based per chance?

Paul

Hey Paul,

The problematic handsets had the SIP firmware as during the bootup process they showed 04.04.23.00 which is exactly what you've indicated as SIP.

I've since done further research and have successfully updated these handsets to the unistim firmware via a TFTP server so now these handsets boot with 0625xxx and prompts for Node and TN.

I would've still been scratching my head if it weren't for your comment about SIP & Unistim so thanks so much on that front!

BTW I'm located down under (Melbourne, Australia)

Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back