Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Refreshing Cube on Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickgibson

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2005
AU
Hi Guys,

I'm new to building cubes on Servers - so I apologise if my question is stupid - but I need help.

I've desgned a PowerCube on a windows client and moved the cube to a Linux server (running C8.3) and built a package from it. now i wish to learn how to keep the PowerCube updated.

As I understand it this is done from running a command (either at the command line or via a script) that call the transformer server version (ie. cogtr). Various parameters are set, and the cube is built.

I've been following the User guides, etc. but having no luck. I've tried various command options but none have worked.

For example;
From within the c8/bin directory I run
$ cogtr -c -p/opt/cognos/PowerCubes/Finance_GL_Test.pyj

And get this error:
Business Intelligence Transformer version 8.3.818.0
Transformer(Transformer) Thu Apr 10 15:03:35 2008

LogFileDirectory=/opt/cognos/c8.3/logs/
ModelSaveDirectory=/opt/cognos/c8.3/temp/
DataSourceDirectory=/opt/cognos/c8.3/data/
CubeSaveDirectory=/opt/cognos/c8.3/temp/
DataWorkDirectory=/opt/cognos/c8.3/temp
ModelWorkDirectory=/opt/cognos/c8.3/temp/
MaxTransactionNum=500000

Thu 10 Apr 2008 03:03:35 PM 3 00000000 Command Line: cogtr -c -p/opt/cognos/PowerCubes/Finance_GL_Test.pyj [->OK]
Thu 10 Apr 2008 03:03:35 PM 3 00000000 Opening model file /opt/cognos/c8.3/temp/ppd31858.qyj
Thu 10 Apr 2008 03:03:35 PM 1 00000000 Cannot load the repository file - corrupt id. [->OK]
Thu 10 Apr 2008 03:03:35 PM 3 00000000 Transformer exiting - operation failed
cognos@helios-3:15:03:35:~/c8/bin

If I try to just open the model
$ cogtr -p/opt/cognos/PowerCubes/Finance_GL_Test.pyj

I get the same error

What I dont understand is how to tell transformer where the destination file should go.

Can anyone help?

Regards
Mick

Mick,
Have you tried clearing out the QYJ file(s) in the TEMP sub-directory? Transformer creates these when opening models, and should remove them when closing. If the open or close is interrupted, then these temp files can remain and cause problems when re-opening the model.

soi la, soi carré

Thanks drlex,

I've done that and it didn't fix the problem. There were old files there.

I'm moved on to now trying to work with the mdl files, and Cognos support is helping with me NEW errors.

Regards
Mick

Mick,
I'm guessing that Support has suggested you go back to opening an mdl, doing a clean house and category recreate before saving as pyi/pyj.
Can't suggest anything else, other than mentioning FWIW that I had a problem with auto-building PYI files without User & Password information also being sent. This was only solved with a new version of transformer after it was escalated with Cognos support. Good luck & happy Friday.
lex

soi la, soi carré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back