Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with "Eject Tape" options 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

misubud

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2002
NZ
Hello,
have recently been left in the deep end and am drowning slowly.. :)
am using brightstor r11.1

jobs are set to auto eject the tape after backup completes.
I am not at the host site so unable to reload the tapes.
I am needing to run a test restore first thing after backup completes, but tape auto ejects.

If I go "modify job/options/operation" and change the option to not eject media and then go back to the schedule and recheck the job, the change has not taken effect.

Question is, after changing the eject option, do I need to carry out some other save option or "save the template"?

Hi,

When you make the change to the job do you then "Submit" the job, or just close the modifying job window? You need to actually go through the Subit Job steps for it to take affect.

I hope this helps,

Matt

how do you go about submitting the job? by the way we are using 9.1.

I don't think the gui has changed much since version 9 so this should be the same. When you modify a job you have a toolbar above the area where you are working. In the toolbar are three green buttons representing the task, tape and db services. To the right of this is a green/grey button.
This is the button you press to resubmit the job after making modifications - its not very intuitive.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back