Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Query By Form to produce Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roe

Programmer
Feb 26, 2001
GB
I'm having difficulty in knowing where to start.

I want to design a query by form to selecting several or some items from Combo box's: Client, JobID, Ops Controller, Nominal Code and Sales (all from seperate list tables),

and use toggle boxs for the Status selection which needs to include a toggle box for "ALL"

Any help would be greatly received, I have tried to read up on this but find myself punch drunk and still none the wiser.
:-(
Roe

How can I run a query using two tables and insure I don't get duplicated addresses

Bryan,

Without particulars it's kinda hard to tell just yet but you should look into "Left & Right Joins" and "Select Distinct". If you post details I'll try & help more. Sorry.

Roe,

Sky's the limit here. Translation = there are many way to do this just pick the one that works for you. What I did, one method among many, was:

1) Created a "Blank Query" that got all records my form could possibly want.

2) Made this my record source for the form

c) Did a string build up of the filter clause for the form & then requery the form.

Here is the code that I use (edited somewhat)...
Code:
Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Me.PayeeID = Null
    Me.Function = Null
    Me.Index = Null
    filterHist
End Sub

Private Sub Function_AfterUpdate()
    filterHist
End Sub

Private Sub PayeeID_AfterUpdate()
    filterHist
End Sub

Private Sub Index_AfterUpdate()
    filterHist
End Sub

Private Sub Account_AfterUpdate()
    filterHist
End Sub

Private Sub FromDate_AfterUpdate()
    filterHist
End Sub

Private Sub ToDate_AfterUpdate()
    filterHist
End Sub

Private Sub filterHist()
    Dim filterStr As String

filterStr = ""
    If Nz(Me.PayeeID, 0) Then filterStr = filterStr & "[PayeeID]=" & Me.PayeeID
    If Nz(Me.Function, &quot;&quot;) <> &quot;&quot; Then
        If filterStr <> &quot;&quot; Then filterStr = filterStr & &quot; AND &quot;
        filterStr = filterStr & &quot;[Func]='&quot; & Me.Function.Column(2) & &quot;'&quot;
    End If
    If Nz(Me.Index, 0) Then
        filterStr = filterStr & &quot;[Index]=&quot; & Me.Index
    End If
    If Nz(Me.Account, 0) Then
        filterStr = filterStr & &quot;[Account]=&quot; & Me.Account
    End If
    If Nz(Me.FromDate, 0) Then
        filterStr = filterStr & &quot;[FromDate]>= #&quot; & Me.FromDate & &quot;#&quot;
    End If
    If Nz(Me.ToDate, 0) Then
        filterStr = filterStr & &quot;[ToDate]<= #&quot; & Me.ToDate & &quot;#&quot;
    End If

Me.Filter = filterStr
    Me.FilterOn = True
End Sub
This isn't the zenith of Access coding but it gets the job done. Hope this helps.

rafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back