Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with QA Test Plan for DW

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayrod

Technical User
Jan 26, 2001
US
Hello,

I'm in the process of writing a QA plan (delta load) for our DW. I've already written test plans for the main functions. However, my manager is asking me to look for other things we should test in the DW. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Something that your users are bound to do is to compare the results of current management reports with the figures that they get out of the data warehouse.

This can often be very frustrating as many of the existing management reports will have quirks that effect their values. Often this is why a DW has been created in the first place (to get accurate reporting). But users will consider their old report as 'correct' and any discrepencies in the figures from the DW as 'wrong'.

You might be able to head them off by doing some comparisons in your testing. More importantly, by getting a power user involved with the testing to aid acceptance of the new system. My home ----> My company ->

Hi Rayrod

I am just strating as a QA manager in data warehousing shop. Never done DW before.

Any chance I can get some tesp plan templates?

Are you using any tools, or just like us - SQL queries?

Thanks

Have a look at a tool called Discovery from AVELLINO. It looks at your data and identifies quality issues.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Adam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back