Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Privileges in new database

Status
Not open for further replies.

maka1

Programmer
Jul 15, 2008
US
Hi, I am trying to create a new oracle databsae, but cannot seem to create a user with the correct privileges. I am having trouble creating a user with less than admin privilegs but want them to be able to create any table, select any table, but only within this schema. I was trying to accomplish this with the 'object privileges', but it seems to be able to work with only existing objects? How can I say that the user can do anything within a given specific schema or tablespace?

Thanks in advance

Hi Maka,

I suggest, you modify this SQL and continue tracing your database for other performance degradation brought by the upgrade.

Robbie

Robbie

"The rule is, not to besiege walled cities if it can possibly be avoided" -- Art of War

...And as a follow-up to Robbie's advice...I have found that about 95% of the time, when a query runs slowly, it happens because:[ul][li]an index does not exist on one or more columns that appear in the "WHERE..." clause[/li][li]statistics on the table(s) are either missing or stale[/li][li]...or both[/li][/ul]Do you have a colleague that can check those two issues for you? If not, let us know, and Robbie, or I, or others will be happy to help with those issues.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

Hi Maka,

When I say slow on my side, it took a few minutes to run your SQL not hours.

Since ALL_OBJECTS is a system view and it uses data dictionary objects, can you confirm whether or not the sys.gather_stats_job runs every night?

This job also collects stats for the data dictionary.

Regards,
Robbie

Robbie

"The rule is, not to besiege walled cities if it can possibly be avoided" -- Art of War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back